One Thousand Scents

Friday, November 30, 2012

Don't: Etat Libre d'Orange Don't Get Me Wrong Baby


I like to think that I am not unnaturally prudish, and the names and/or images of Etat Libre d'Orange's fragrances don't bother me, for the most part: pubic hair, breasts, whatever, it's part of their image. I don't mind the penis-gun graphic for Je Suis un Homme, because there's a point to it. But I just can't get behind a scent called Don't Get Me Wrong Baby I Don't Swallow, which is vulgarity for its own sake, a cheap shock tactic and nothing more. Maybe all their products are in the end: but that name just seems to be one step over the line. At least they showed a modicum of restraint in their Roy Lichtenstein-style graphic.


Think how much worse it could have been. If they could name a fragrance that, I wouldn't put anything past them.

As for the scent, it's a pleasant little floral in a candy store: bright aldehydes, orange-flower and lily-of-the-valley which eventually give way to marshmallow and cocoa powder, bolstered by sweet amber.

In fact, Don't Get Me Wrong Baby smells uncannily like your choice of chocolate-marshmallow biscuit (I'll take a Tunnock's Tea Cake, please and thank you)



dipped in a glass of Estée Lauder Pleasures.



Yummy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home