One Thousand Scents

Friday, May 19, 2006

Too Much: Gendarme Excess


There isn't much to be said about Excess that isn't said in the description "gourmand oriental"; almost entirely dark sweet edible notes with some patchouli to roughen things up just a bit.

Some of the scents it resembles are Todd Oldham (Excess' top notes smell very much like Todd Oldham's middle notes), Rochas Man (the jasmine and the vanilla), Claiborne Spark for Men and Lempicka Au Masculin (sweetened rum), Angel and A*Men (patchouli, chocolate, and vanilla)--and those are just off the top of my head. I know; it just sounds like a list of recent gourmand scents, but Excess really is reminiscent of all of these.

I suppose that's just another way of saying that it doesn't have much character of its own, or that it's a complete rip-off. These things are probably true, but I still like it. If I had smelled it beforehand, I probably wouldn't have bought it, since I have so many scents that are similar, but I do like the handy little spray vial and, well, you can never have too many pleasant, inoffensive gourmand scents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home